Beloved St. John Evangelistic Church is a Bible-based church where Jesus is Welcome. We have a three-fold ministry which first and foremost works to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 10:31 tells us, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (NIV). Next the Bible tells us we are to bring souls to Christ. Acts 1:8 tells us, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (NIV). Finally we work to meet the needs of the natural man. Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (NIV).
What We Believe
· We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth (Genesis 1:1).
· We believe that Jesus Christ is His only Son, our Lord, was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:34:35), and born of the virgin Mary (Galatians 4:4). He suffered under Pontius Pilate (Matthew 27:1-2; 26-28, John 19:1-16), was crucified (Matthew 27:32-38,48,50; Mark 15:21-26, 36,37; Luke 23:26-33,38; John 19:17-29), died (Luke 23:46; John 19:30) and buried (Matthew 27:57-60; Mark 15:42-46; Luke 23:50-54; John 19:38-42); He descended into Hell. The third day He rose again from the dead (Matthew 28:1-8; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-12; John 20:1-9).
· We believe He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty (Mark 16:19-20; John 20:17; Acts 1:9). From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
· We believe our salvation has been purchased by the shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ (1Peter 1:18-19).
· We believe salvation can be obtained by confessing our sins, repenting of them, and trusting Christ wholeheartedly for salvation (Romans 10:9-10).
· We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person in the Godhead (Genesis 1:2; 1 John 5:8). We believe in the Holy Spirit, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
· We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18),to empower the believer to live the Christ centered life.
· We believe the Bible is the written Word of God. It is inspired by Him and it contains all we need to know in order to live by His standards (II Timothy 3:16-17).
· We believe that faith is vitally important to live the Christ honoring life (Hebrews 11:6; 10:38).