Weddings at Beloved St. John Evangelistic Church
The wedding ceremony is one of the most sacred rites of the church. It is designed as a worship celebration uniting one man and one woman who have put their faith in Jesus Christ and are committed to living in accordance with Scriptural principles.
It is the desire of the Senior Pastor and the church family to make every ceremony a beautiful and worshipful experience. We want to extend to each wedding party every possible courtesy and assistance. Therefore, we offer the following information. Please read it and observe it while planning for your wedding.
- The church facilities are available for weddings to church members without any contribution. You must be an active church member of Beloved John Evangelistic Church for a minimum of one (1) year.
- The anticipated date and arrangements must be cleared with the Senior Pastor before the wedding is entered in the church calendar. An appointment should be made with the Senior Pastor for this purpose as early as possible. Call the church office at 215-329-5140 and speak with his executive assistant.
- We permit ministers other than the Senior Pastor to officiate wedding ceremonies. All outside ministers must be evangelical, ordained ministers of like faith and practice. Pastor Lupton, Senior Pastor, calls each minister who is not ordained by Beloved John Evangelistic Church to approve his/her participation.
- Due to seasonal demands on the church facilities, wedding rehearsals, wedding ceremonies, or wedding receptions will not be scheduled on the following holidays: Easter weekend, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (and the day after Christmas), New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
- Wedding ceremonies and wedding rehearsals will not be scheduled on Sundays or at times that will conflict with church services or special church events. Weddings will not be scheduled after 3:00pm on Saturdays.
- While weddings are joyous celebrations, they are also worshipful and sacred. We request that the bride and wedding party select attire that is appropriate and tasteful for the wedding rehearsal and wedding ceremony. All parties involved in the wedding, including vendors and guests, should abide by the guidelines pertaining to conduct outlined in these policies.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be used at any time in any way, nor are there to be any tobacco products used anywhere on the church facilities or on the church property. The bride and groom will make these rules known to all members of the wedding party.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Sanctuary or surrounding areas.
- Those using church facilities must accept full responsibility for any damage to the building or equipment incurred during the use. Access for the wedding party should be arranged with the church office.
- Beloved John Evangelistic Church is not responsible for negligent and careless acts beyond the church’s direct control.
- Beloved St. John Evangelistic Church is not responsible for the loss and damage to personal property.
- A minimum of four (4) pre-marital counseling sessions conducted by the Senior Pastor will be expected of all couples.
- These sessions should begin as early as possible after engagement and at least four (4) months prior to the anticipated wedding date.
- Arrangements for any organist/musician must be cleared by the wedding consultant/administrative office.
- A minimum fee of $150.00 is recommended for the organist. A definite fee should be agreed upon with the organist/musician prior to the wedding.
- All music used with the ceremony should be in keeping with the sacredness and dignity of a church wedding. This is especially true of any vocal lyrics.
- Arrangements for the church sound system must be made with the wedding consultant/administrative office.
- Floral decorations are the responsibility of the wedding party.
- Florist should clear with the wedding consultant/church office before decorating the church as well as to arrange access to the building.
- Only dripless candles may be used to prevent wax on the carpet; a protective covering under the candelabras is required.
- Helium balloons are not permitted in the Sanctuary.
- Decorations are not permitted on the walls of the Sanctuary.
- All rental equipment and decorations must be removed as quickly as possible after the wedding ceremony and is the responsibility of the bridal party.
- Rice throwing must be restricted to the outside of the building.
Requesting To Have A Wedding:
If you would like to make a request to have your wedding at Beloved St. John Evangelistic Church, please call our church office at 215-329-5140 and ask for our Event Coordinator. Our office is open daily, 9am to 5pm.